The schools mandate is to equip learners who are Visually Impaired, Hearing Impaired, and Deaf Blind with the appropriate skills and knowledge that would enable them to be productive in the ever changing world.
Learn to work, work to live.
To be a regional centre of excellence for vocational training for person with special needs.
To provide and promote practical skills to person with special needs so as to meet challenges of dynamic society.
Our values include but not limited to:
- Courtesy i.e. we endeavour to serve all our clients with maximum courtesy and respect at all time.
- Integrity i.e. we are committed to work in an open and honest manner in all our undertakings.
- Accountability and transparency i.e. we are committed to work in an accountable and transparent manner in all our undertaking.
- Equity i.e. we are committed to encouraging equal opportunity and non discrimination to all our clients irrespective of gender, race, religion, social status, ethnicity, creed, and disability.
- Team work i.e. we strongly believe in working as a team for the success of the institution.
- Efficiency i.e. we strive to achieve our goal in timely and cost effective manner.
- Active Participation and Involvement of all stakeholders
- Collaboration, Cooperation , Net-working and Team work
- Promotion of best practice
- Pragmatism and dynamism
- Ethical practices
- Responsiveness to the needs of the client
The Institute targets Trainees who include;-
- Trainees with hearing impairment who need sign language as a means of communication from all counties in the country and east and central African region.
- Trainees with visual impairment who need Braille as a means of communication from all counties in the country and east and central African region.
- Persons with V.I. and H.I. who have acquired the disability as a result of accident, sickness or any other means during their adult life and need rehabilitation.
- Persons with Deaf/Blindness who have acquired the disability as a result of accident, sickness or any other means during their adult life and need rehabilitation
- Persons with Deaf/Blindness who need to acquire survival and livelihood skills.